Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > ms906bt newby, "idiots guide to" answers...
ms906bt newby, "idiots guide to" answers wanted.

1990 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-11-29 21:46:35

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    hippy
    2017-11-29 01:22:41
     I've been out of the diagnostic realm quite  a while & just purchased an ms906bt. While the manual is somewhat helpfull it seems to assume that I have experience with this type of equipment & that I'm not an idiot. Hopefully I only score 1 out of the 2.
    Any assistance from you more knowledgeable people re  "what you worked out for youreself" would be good.

Take "live Data" for instance, I'm thinking that I should be able to drive the vehicle with live data running/recording & not do any damage to thems906bt or the vehicle. I haven't done so yet as I want to confirm it's ok. I would of course have someone else driving if I wanted to view data as it's happening. 

that's my question for today, though I'm sure more will pop up.

Feel free to offer suggestions on other "idiots guide to" matters.

thanks

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-11-29 14:36:46 (Reply to:hippy)

Live Data recording on my Maxi Sys Pro is a joke and won't play back in movie form like watching when driving car. It will only record pids selected that were  viewable on the screen at the time you select record. When you go to play back the recording , the screen  of  Pids you selected are all mixed back  in pages of pids listed (that did not record)you need to scroll through  to find each again separately and you have to slowly drag a time cursor manually to see the values change.
      Your best bet option  is to record 3 things in graph merge and on playback slowly drag the time cursor and see if you can catch anything.  

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    hippy
    2017-11-29 21:43:48 (Reply to:witsend)
     Thanks Witsend, 
    Now that you've told me what to expect it should be less frustrating.

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    hippy
    2017-11-29 21:46:35 (Reply to:witsend)
      Thanks Witsend, 
    Now that you've told me what to expect it should be less frustrating.
  Total1 Pages